The Best People should work on the Hardest Problems!
Join our team where our mission is to improve people's lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities in Goodhue, Wabasha & Western Pierce Counties.
WE ARE HIRING!
United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha & Pierce Counties seeks a full-time or part-time Development Director to provide oversight of resources development including annual fundraising campaign, special events, grants, and sponsorships.
The mission of United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha & Pierce Counties is to improve people's lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities in Goodhue and Wabasha Counties, Minnesota and western Pierce County, Wisconsin. We united people and resources to build a stronger community focused on the three pillars of education, basic needs, and health. United Way recruits people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and cultivates donor relationships with individuals and organizations to encourage increased participation and giving.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000 (Salary range established by UW-GWP for full-time. Part-time prorated based on hours.)
For full position description see below.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications for the position via email to email@example.com
Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director of United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha & Pierce Counties
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose: To provide oversight of resource development which includes the annual fundraising campaign, special events and sponsorships. Cultivates relationships within all accounts, organizing and managing workplace campaigns to encourage increased participation and giving within all accounts to maximize potential and reach desired organizational goals, including prospecting, development relationships with non-giving accounts and making cold calls. Ability to establish donor relationships with individuals and organizations. Contributes to and demonstrates ownership of organizational goals.
Job Responsibilities: Job responsibilities for this job include, but are not limited to:
50% Relationship Management
- Engage with Development Committee, key volunteers and build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders that increases revenue and expand opportunities.
- Spend a minimum of 25% of the time out of the office to engage with donors and volunteers.
- Research, identify, and develop relationships with non-giving accounts and achieve assigned percent of goal for new account development.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with current donors and prospects to expand United Way's influence and revenue.
- Coordinate and train volunteers (and committees) to effectively and efficiently implement key strategies related to United Way GWP.
- Under guidance of the Executive Director, develop strategies to recruit and cultivate key campaign volunteers. This includes staffing committee meetings, providing board/committees members and volunteers with information, messaging platform, training and direction, and monitoring process of fundraising efforts.
25% Campaign Management
- Ensure the implementation of campaign strategies to meet financial resource potential.
- Track revenue generation, retention, visits, and key business activity throughout the year, provide regular activity status; update projections to target and conduct the appropriate account analysis to build and make recommendations to refine business goals.
- Research and maintain all aspects of relationship/conduct management for key donors, including database management, recognition materials, oral and written communications.
- Manage and track given budgets, work plans and realistic timetables to accomplish organizational goals.
- Assist in creating motivational meetings and special events as related to resource development, including all arrangements and recruitment of support as needed(volunteers, staff, partner agency staff).
25% Cross Functional Duties
- Lead and assist with planning of fund distribution programs and fundraising events.
- Assist with Community Investment Grant Application Process
- Work with Development Committee on all marketing and media efforts, including material, platform options and messaging development.
- Assist in writing corporate, foundation and government grant proposals, track grant outcomes and partner with Executive Director in submission of funder reporting.
- Assist in the cultivation of relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
- Foster creative thinking and facilitate future partnerships with corporate accounts.
- Work with staff and volunteers to drive the execution of plans and manage the action steps and results from these efforts.
Core Competencies: Core competencies for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Mission Focused - Top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This competency drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented - Understands that people come before process and is astute at managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Skilled Communicator - Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to deliver messages (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results Driven - Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward - Steward of the United Way brand and understands their role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Bachelor's Degree in social sciences, business, marketing/communications, or related field is preferred.
- At least 2 years proven fund development, business development or sales experience.
- Able to demonstrate development communications, organization, and planning skills.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative thinking.
- Ability to present information and data in written, electronic, and oral forms.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience working with Customer Resource Management (CRM) application (s) is preferred
- Ability to get self to outside meetings.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Required time away from the office working in our service area and communities.
- Requires the ability to multi-task between workplace campaigns, individual giving, meetings, special events and strategic thinking.
- Requires presence during noncore hours for customer relationship management.
- Requires a consistent relationship building attitude.
- May including lifting up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000 (Salary range established by UW-GWP for Full-time. Part-time prorated based on hours worked.)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work - hours and/or hybrid
United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha & Pierce Counties (UWGWP) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive of diverse people, backgrounds and experiences. Our goal is to have a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We promote an equitable and culturally aware working environment where everyone can be their authentic selves. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.